Have you seen completely unfeasible hotel concepts that you would love to actually be able to stay in one day? Well here are 9 outrageous hotels that are actually in the making right now.
- The Shimao Wonderland Intercontinental in Shanghai will open in 2017 and is built into the cliff above a lagoon. You can participate in rock climbing and water activities or enjoy the view from the resturant.
- Posiedon will be a completely underwater hotel in Fiji. There will be 24 suites, a resturant, library, and spa with full views of the reef . It was originally supposed to open in 2008 but has been delayes and should open in 2017.
- Keemala Resort is set to be an outdoor adult wellness getaway in the rainforest of Phuket, Thailand.
- Lofoten Opera Hotel does not have an opening date but is a snake-shaped hotel with grand views of the Lofoten Islands in Norway. It will be a combination of hotel suites and apartments.
- The Hotel Crescent will look like a half-moon skyscraper high over the Caspian Sea in Azerbaijan. The hotel is being built on a man made island that is connected to entertainment centers in Crescent City/ Crescent Place area by a bridge.
- Dubai is developing private islands on it’s coast in the next couple years. Construction began this June on 33 floating suites.
- The Royal Atlantis is hoping to “redefine luxury” with 800 guest rooms and 250 apartments in Dubai. A resturant by Gordon Ramsey will also be on the proprety along with a sky pool and marine park.
- Salt & Water floating catamaran hotels will be used to increase tourism on land locked lakes around the world. Salt & Water won the 2015 Millennium Yacht Design Award for these floating hotel rooms. They are not in construction yet.
- In Changsha, China the Dawang Mountain Resort and tower will be partially suspended over a quarry and Tongxi Lake. There will also be a snow center on top of the hotel. Construction began in July and will be cmpleted in 2016.
Click here to read the full story by Mark Johanson on CNN.