Whether you are just taking a weekend trip close to home or on an adventure around the world there are some things you need to do before travelling on your own.
- Give someone at home your contact info and where you will be staying.
- Check in occasionally, even on social media, to ease your friends minds.
- Make copies of important documents like your passport or social security card.
- Look for potential contacts that you already know to show you around.
- Bring a book for long flights, trains, or bus rides.
- It’s easier to get seated at restaurants when you are alone so take advantage.
- Be selfish and go anywhere you want to see.
Click here to read the full article by Lilit Marcus on CNTraveler.