The Best Tips for Beating Jet Lag
Because our bodies are set on a natural clock called the circadiuan rhythm, traveling through different time zones can be a shock to the system. To prevent the worst of jet lag suffering, there are plenty of good tips and trick to follow.
- Start changing your sleep routine early. If you’re going west, start going to bed later. If going east, go to bed earlier.
- Wear sunglasses to control exposure to light and regulate your circadian rhythm.
- Plan a stopover to adjust slowly to the time difference.
- Alleviate worry and stress by planning and giving yourself plenty of time.
- Plan your activities on the plane to eat, sleep, etc. according to the time zone of your destination.
- Use any sleep medication with caution.
- Stay hydrated in flight.
- Get comfortable by creating the right conditions for sleep.
- Keep active by stretching and walking around the plane when permitted.
- Spend time outdoors.
- If you traveled west, get morning light to shift your body’s natural clock. If you traveled east, seek afternoon light instead.
- Try to get at least 4 hours of sleep during the local time’s nighttime hours.
- If on a short trip, consider staying on your home time/schedule.
- Take short naps to supplement your sleep to help you get the normal amount of hours you need.
Click here to read the full article for the Cultureur.