While flying private can minimize many of these risks, flying in general, and especially commercial, will potentially increase your risk of catching a cold or other germs on a flight. There are many precautions you can take to avoid getting sick, so read on for these helpful tips!
- Don’t drink the tap water or order ice in your drinks.
- Avoid using blankets and pillows- instead, bring your own.
- Try your best not to touch tray tables, or bring some sort of antibacterial wipes to ensure germs are gone.
- Order a hot meal.
- Avoid aisle seats.
- Use the air vent above your seat, which kills about 99.9% of germs!
- Take precautions when using the airplane restroom.
- Use nasal spray to help keep your nose healthy.
- Consider changing seats if the person near you is sick.
- Stay hydrated!
Click here to read the full article by Talia Avakian for Business Insider.