Are you looking to get away this holiday season? Now you can with this list of the best 6 private jet destinations for the winter holiday months.
There are two main reasons why someone would be seeking a destination holiday. Either they are looking for a way to celebrate the holidays and make them extra special. Or, they planning an escape – a way to avoid the holidays altogether.
Sometimes a change in scenery is all you need to make the holidays feel complete. Getting your family together in a new place to indulge in new experiences is sort of the gift that keeps on giving. Besides, many people are looking for experiences rather than material things. Then again, if you are like most, you feel the stress and frustrations that the jolliest time of the year can bring. And, avoiding it entirely can make you feel wonderful.
You’ll have to pay attention, though. Why? Because your reasons for finding your way to this list of the best private jet destinations for the holidays do not matter as much as the destination that you choose.
1. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
How about a little warmth and tradition for Christmas this year? The city of Puerto Vallarta has rich customs when it comes to the holiday season. And, beginning on December 1, they line streets with colorful poinsettias and start the celebrations.
Here you will find a lot of religious traditions, such as:
- Candlelight pilgrimages to Lady Guadalupe
- The celebration of the procession of Mary and Joseph seeking an Inn during Las Posadas
- The essential nativity scene, and so forth
But, that’s not all. You will also find crafters and carnivals set up all throughout the city. And, let’s not forget the pinata!
These celebrations don’t just end on December 25th. They continue through February 2nd. So you have plenty of time to plan your arrival.
If a tropical escape is what you are after, you will find it in Bermuda. Well, truth be told, with average temps in the upper 60s, you may not find yourself in the water. But, that simply means you can enjoy the sun and sand at the beach without feeling the power of heat.
But, it’s the holidays, so there needs to be more than a beach, right? Yes – and, in Bermuda, there is. Here you will find decorated houses, parades, live musical performances, light-up boat parades, and more.
If discovering what Christmas on an island is all about, visit Bermuda this holiday season.
3. New York, New York
If asked about one of the most famous places to experience Christmas, New York City is often near the top of the list. This city is always bustling with activity – and the holidays are no exception. From lights to events and everything in between, you are sure to gain lifelong memories from a flying into New York.
- The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is a must-see.
- Visit the Empire State Building – see it lit up from the ground, then check out the view from the top!
- Don’t miss The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.
- Check out the window displays on 5th
- Magnificent handmade gifts can be found at the Union Square Holiday Market.
- Be astonished by the lights in Dyker Heights.
The best part is that there is always something to do here, no matter the time. And, if you want to stay through the New Year, don’t forget that New York City is home to many celebrations.
4. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Tired of the cold? Let’s go to Punta Cana! As one of the most popular private jet destinations, this area is full of beautiful resorts that will leave you feeling you feeling, perhaps, a little bit spoiled. After all, it truly is a tropical escape with all the bonuses – such as warm weather, warm water, beautiful and crystal clear beaches, etc.
You can leave winter behind and create adventurous memories for yourself. Go windsurfing, ziplining, surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, and more. Or, if you want to indulge in all things Christmas, you will find a few holiday markets and events taking place.
How about enjoying your Christmas dinner with the ocean as your backdrop?
5. Prague, Czech Republic
Prague is magical at any time of year. But, during the holidays, this sensation is magnified. And, believe it or not, it is one of the most perfect private jet destinations at this time of year. Well, as long as you enjoy these must-do/see experiences:
- Walk the Vltava River at Night. This walk would normally be amazing, but with the added Christmas lights…
- Christmas Markets at Castle Hill. Here you’ll find some magnificent gifts and some stellar views.
- Go ice skating! While there are many outdoor rinks to choose from, the combination of skating and the views can be unforgettable.
- Visit the theatre for The Nutcracker and other memorable performances.
There is so much to see and do – with so much holiday spirit – that you will be sure to enjoy your holiday away in Prague.
6. Reykjavik, Iceland
Ready to head somewhere, well, different? Well, then let’s hop on a private jet to Reykjavik, Iceland. It is not one of the most common private jet destinations, but it surely is not one to get dismissed. In this city, you will experience things not typically found everywhere else. And, that is what makes it so special.
- Take a walking tour on the hunt for Santa. There are 13 hidden hologram Santa’s located throughout the city.
- Indulge in hot cocoa and Icelandic pastries.
- See breathtaking views of the Northern Lights.
- Tour the glaciers and have a snow adventure of your choice.
- Bathe in the natural hot springs – outside in the cold.
Keep in mind that daylight is limited in this part of the world during the winter months. On average, there will be 4-5 hours of sunlight each day. But, don’t let that sway you from all the magnificent things to see and do here.
Getting away for (or from) the holidays can lead to some unforgettable experiences – especially if you choose the right destination. Pair it with travel on a private jet and you have got yourself the perfect getaway this winter.
Don’t settle for the same old holiday celebrations. This year, make it all about the experience by visiting these private jet destinations.