Jet Charter Tools: Information is an Advantage for Travelers
Safety is key for everyone, but travelers are especially keen to the goings on not just where they live, but also where they are going. With news popping up everyday of some new danger, information is your Excalibur against the dangers in the world.
David Ropeik is a risk consultant and writes on the difference between risk and fright.
In the battle between your gut and your brain, your gut will win. One way to make sensible choices as a traveler is to nudge your gut toward rationality by feeding it accurate information.
Some points brought up to assuage the gut reactions we all face include;
- Check road safety conditions in he country you are traveling.
- Update yourself on the recommendations by the CDC for your destination.
- Take statistics with a grain of salt, numbers are often misreported.
- Weigh the risks of traveling against those of staying home, sometimes a different danger is riskier.
- Take precautions to prevent the danger during any travel.
Click here for the full article from New York Times.