We can all agree that getaways are not taken as much as we’d like. That’s why it’s important to remember the health benefits of taking a vacation, and why it’s needed. Read more below.
In studies reported on by Forbes, Skift, and Huffington Post, only 25% of Americans use their entire vacation time, 42% of Americans take no vacation time, and 61% of the time spent on vacations is still work related. But vacations have shown important health benefits for the employee, and that translates to health benefits for the entire company.
Life satisfaction sharply increases during and after a vacation. Positive holiday experiences make us reassess our outlook and boost our overall satisfaction. Some of the more intricate parts of this satisfaction deal with our social lives, leisure time, family interaction, romantic interest, and spiritual awakening.
Here’s what you need to know about vacation health benefits.
Vacation Boosts Mental and Physical Health
We have long known the restorative effects of vacations. Usually the benefits are attributed to fresh air, tree frequency, or fewer wireless signals. Most studies have shown that the main reason vacations are so beneficial is that we can unburden ourselves from the stresses of work life, and in return we get a vastly improved quality of life.
Here are some of the health benefits you get from traveling away from the work desk.
- Reduce Stress: Vacations eliminate stress and anxiety.
- Healthy Heart: An annual vacation has been linked to reduced heart disease. Across genders, a regular vacation has shown reduction in chances of heart attack.
- Mental Health: Relaxation without work worries improves mood emotions leading to improved quality of life.
- Improved Relationships: Marital satisfaction decreases as the frequency of vacations decreases, and families learn through experiential learning better.
- Creativity blossoms: In a new environment we almost become new people, with new ways of thinking. It might be the scenery that inspires the change or a psychological shift as a new comer to the area, but either way, a new sense of flexibility in thoughts is discovered.
More and more information continues to emerge regarding the many health benefits that travel provides. Not only does it provide us with the chance to escape the stress and routine of our daily lives, but it also provides tangible support for overall wellness.
Have you considered these wellness benefits when planning your next vacation?
- Broadening of minds and perspectives.
- Change of scenery.
- Invigorating and providing of physical exercise.
- Increases sense of euphoria.
Whether you’re traveling for a family vacation, a business trip, or as a lifestyle change, there’s no doubt that exploring the world around you is good for your wellness.
Traveling Equals Happiness
Traveling can make you a happier person in so many ways, and there is clearly a correlation between extended happiness (beyond just the time you spend traveling) and travel.
From finding your own self-confidence to appreciating what you have, you’re sure to feel gratitude and contentment in exploring new places. Happiness is infectious, and between making new friends, detoxing from your stressful life, and taking some “you time,” you’ll feel better almost instantly. Learning, taking in new experiences, and traveling outside of your comfort zone are sure to make you more satisfied and happy.
With that in mind, are you looking for something to make your summer vacation unforgettable and perhaps much more enjoyable? Or maybe you want to take a summer vacation, but getting on a crowded plane, train or bus just does not sound spectacular enough.
If you took a summer vacation last year, you probably either drove with screaming, cranky kids or took some sort of crowded public transportation. But the good news is that you can go anywhere you want without the hassle of crowds or driving yourself. All you have to do is get a private jet.
Why Go Private?
There are a lot of benefits to taking your summer vacation private:
- Convenience: When you fly private you do not have to worry about rushing through a crowded airport. You get to pick what airport you leave from.
- No Worry: Many times when you fly private you do not have to pay for parking at the airport. There is someone there to help you load your bags. You do not have to leave your belongings, so you do not have to worry.
- Less Stress and Frustration: When you fly private you do not have to go through the stressful security lines. The captain can do his own security checks, but the only people on the plane is you and your family.
- Flexible Timeline: If you are running late, you do not have to worry. The aircraft will wait for you because you are renting the whole thing.
- Single Plane: You do not have to change planes during the trip, which means you do not have to worry about running across airports to catch connecting planes.
- Eat and Drink: You get to choose when you get food and when you get drinks. That means that you do not have to eat just because it is the schedule for the flight.
- Choose Aircraft: You get to choose whichever type or size of aircraft that you want.
- Less Waiting: When you land you do not have to wait to unload. The crew can call ground transportation and they will be there waiting for you.
Make Unforgettable Memories
Vacations give us an escape from our stresses. Instead of ruminating on the issues and struggles within our lives, we are free to explore and experience time not spent worrying. The effects have been shown to last up to two weeks after returning from vacation. And when you charter a private jet, your next summer vacation will surely be unforgettable.