Traveling on a budget can be challenging, but knowing these tips and tricks can help you save money. Learn how flying private can help stay under budget.
Who wants to travel on commercial airliners? People do it because they feel they have to – not because they want to. Think about it. No one likes to be stripped of personal comfort and space. And, handling crowds is usually far from the top of everyone’s list, especially these days.
But when it comes to traveling great distances, air travel is much more convenient for one reason: speed. Aircraft can fly at greater speeds, getting you to and from your destination quicker than your other options, such as automobile, bus, or train.
What if you could have the best of both worlds – fast travel and comfort? You are in luck. Flying private is possible even with a budget. Enjoy all the luxuries of flying with all the perks of a private jet while avoiding the crowds and frustrations of commercial air travel.
All you need to do is learn how to find a deal for traveling on a budget with empty leg specials.
Traveling on a Budget: Empty Leg Flights
Before you can begin to understand how you can benefit from the savings they bring, you should know what an empty leg flight actually is. Empty leg flights are flights that occur when a private jet needs to find its way to a specific location after dropping off a chartered client. Here is an example:
John Roberts was leaving Evansville, Indiana and flying to Miami, Florida. He booked his private jet and enjoyed the trip to his destination. Once they land, John Roberts goes about his business, as he does not plan to return to Evansville, Indiana for another seven days. In the meantime, the chartered private jet he flew needs to return home to Evansville for another client who is waiting. The empty jet heads back to Indiana.
This return portion – from Miami to Evansville – is considered the empty leg.
Private Travel That Fits Your Budget
Flying private jets may seem financially out of reach. But, with empty leg flights available all over the world, you no longer have to feel like flying private is for a few corporate elites. Instead, consider the availability – and you may find that it is cheaper to fly a private jet when traveling on a budget.
Perhaps you are wondering how this is possible. See, the private is already scheduled to fly to its destination because it has a pre-paid client waiting to fly out. Because the pilot (and crew) are heading there anyway, having you pay to be on-board is an added bonus.
This is how they can offer flights at discounted rates.
Benefits of Flying Private Jets
If you have flown on a private jet before, then you are aware of all the benefits that come with it. If you haven’t, then you have been missing out. Flying private is a luxurious way to get to your destination. In fact, it will make you never want to fly commercial again.
- You get the ability to avoid the long TSA security lines inside the airport. Instead, you will fly through the smaller, private concourse – and enjoy the shorter, calmer security checkpoint process.
- Enjoy a space for yourself on the flight. No need to share close quarters with a stranger.
- Private jets offer you a luxurious space to relax, catch up on work, watch a movie, play games, and even eat while socializing.
- Your space on the jet will be private, so any conversations can be had in confidence.
- You have closer access to your destination. Private jets don’t require the runway space that commercial airliners do. That means they are able to land in smaller, executive airports – which may be closer to your destination.
And those are just a few of the benefits. With an empty leg flight, you can be sure to get all of this for the best price possible.
Things to Keep in Mind While Traveling on a Budget
Flying a private jet on an empty leg doesn’t come without the potential for a few frustrations. There are a couple of things you are going to want to keep in mind when traveling on a budget, and choosing to fly private.
- Empty leg travel can be unpredictable. If you have a strict itinerary and need to get to your destination on a specific day and at a specific time, you may want to consider another method.
- Empty leg travel is booked at the last minute. For some individuals who like to have things planned in advance, you may want to keep this in mind.
- Empty leg flights may cancel. If the inbound flight is canceled, then there would be no need for a return empty leg flight. Though it may not be common, it is a definite possibility.
- The more common the destination, the more likely you will be to gain access to available empty leg flights.
In order to get the most out of your empty leg flight, you are going to have to relinquish a little bit of control. Be honest with yourself and know that you are not likely to fly out on the day and time of your choosing. So as long as you are flexible with your travel, you can reap the financial benefits while focusing on traveling on a budget.
You can save a lot of money and fly empty leg travel for a wonderful flight experience. But it is important that you don’t get blinded by the affordable empty leg costs that you stop looking at the whole picture.
When booking your last-minute travel, especially when traveling on a budget, be sure you do your research and confirm that the private jet has its certifications and is cleared. While you can put a price on air travel, you cannot put a price on your life. Especially a discounted one. So be smart when booking.
Private jet travel can lead to a great experience. The only thing better is getting a deal on the cost of the flight. For those who can wait to purchase tickets until the last minute, scoring an empty leg ticket could be a great way to get to your destination in style, and travel on a budget. And, with only a minimal dent in your budget.