Fall is a pretty gorgeous time to travel. So if you and your partner are in need of a private getaway, read the details on the following best fall vacations for couples in the US.
So far, 2020 has been one of the most eventful years as our lives have been hardly eventful. This is all due to the travel restrictions, canceled events, social distancing, quarantining, and so forth that has been put in place thanks to the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. And, let’s face it, working from home – maybe even with kids – has caused relationships to be stressed more than ever.
That’s why, as we head into the fall season, we need to take a moment to break away with our significant others. Whether it is a weekend, a long weekend, or a week-long event, make a point to experience someplace spectacular – and rekindle your love for one another.
Yes, there are still safety concerns – especially when it comes to traveling. But, the best news is that you don’t even have to leave the states to make this fall vacation happen! And, by choosing to travel via a private jet charter, you reduce your overall travel risk immensely!
What are you waiting for? Check out one of these best fall vacation ideas for couples right here in the US.
If you have never been to the Great Smoky Mountains, it is time to give them some attention. First of all, during the fall months, the rolling hills and tree-covered mountains offer the eyes a continuous flow of oranges, reds, yellows, and browns. That alone is worth visiting here. Though, there is so much more to do in Gatlinburg.
- Take a hike through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Enjoy cozy dining of all sorts.
- Go ice skating, arm-in-arm, at the Ober Gatlinburg indoor arena.
- Visit the infamous Gatlinburg Space Needle and view the entire area, and all its beautiful fall colors.
You will find so much to do here – and these mountains provide you with a much-needed disconnect from the rest of the world.
Asheville, North Carolina
In Asheville, you will find an eclectic array of dining options, artisan shops, and Bed and Breakfast Inns. All of which is a start for the perfect couple’s getaway. But, that’s not all. See, this city is located along the Blue Ridge Mountains, which means start your trip with one amazing view – especially in the fall.
- Pay a visit to the Biltmore Estate, which is considered the largest private home in the US. This Vanderbilt mansion has nearly 8,000 acres to explore! Want a tip? Don’t miss out on a stroll through the botanical gardens here.
- Take a hot air balloon ride. Yes, they are super common here. Besides, nothing screams romance louder than a hot air balloon ride for two in the fall over the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Enjoy a drive along Blue Ridge Parkway. This is a good time to shut out the world and just enjoy each other’s company and the scenery around you.
Asheville is full of fun and adventurous things to do. From hikes, coffee shops, bookstores, breweries, local restaurants, spas, and more – you are sure to find something unforgettable for you and your partner.
Big Sur, California
Big Sur isn’t as well known as Los Angeles or San Francisco, but that doesn’t make it less worthy of your getaway. It should entice you! This isolated, one-mile village along the coast in central California will transport you far away from the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life. It is beautiful, quiet, and romantic. And, the waves crashing against the cliffs? Just breathtaking.
Visiting Big Sur anytime is wonderful, but you will truly enjoy it during the fall when the busy season is slowing down and peace – as well as cooler air – begin to settle in.
- Visit Julien Pfeiffer Beach which has a short hike that leads to an 80-foot waterfall over a white, sandy beach.
- Stop in novelist Henry Miller’s bookshop.
- Be daring with your darling and go night-bathing in the nude in the natural hot springs. No lights, just starlight – and an adventure to remember.
Learn meditation and experience wellness of all sorts when you visit Big Sur. It is the ultimate west coast getaway.
Visiting Pittsburgh – the steel city – may not sound like the most romantic hot spot, but it can bring some unforgettable memories for you and your sweetie. Surrounded by rivers and the Appalachian Mountains, you will be blown away with the beautiful views of the changing leaves.
- Go apple picking. There are many orchards around the city where you can partake in this fun – and delicious – activity.
- Take a hike through the Allegheny National Forest and surround yourself with bright fall colors and scenic trails.
- Enjoy a ride – and magnificent view – on one of the few remaining inclines in the country. The wooden cable cars of the Duquesne Incline give you an all-around view of downtown Pittsburgh as it climbs to the top of Mount Washington.
- Speaking of Mount Washington, indulge in some romantic dining with your partner overlooking the city.
From botanical gardens to street vendors and craft beer breweries, there is so much to do as a couple in this welcoming city.
Park City, Utah
Park City is a mountain town just outside of Salt Lake City. It has a never-ending list of restaurants, bars, event venues, spas, performing arts, golf courses, and more. Of course, it is also where you will find Olympic Park and can try out the bobsled!
- Surround yourself with fall colors as you try your hand at fly fishing.
- Take a scenic drive through all the fall foliage. Rolling hills and mountains of brightly changing leaves are enough to take your breath away.
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride.
Or simply enjoy local spas, artisan shops, galleries, wineries, and dining. Stroll hand-in-hand along the downtown streets and never get bored.
There are so many places that you and your significant other can slip away to without ever having to leave the US. Take safety precautions for yourself and consider traveling via a private jet to significantly lower your risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Look, it has been a rough year. And, with the upcoming election and talk of a virus resurgence, now is the time to take a break and allow yourself to be refreshed and rejuvenated for the rest of 2020. You just have to decide where you’ll go!