With summer’s end just around the corner and cooler weather soon upon us, it can be an exciting time to start planning a vacation to a beautiful spot- where the leaves are changing, seasonal activities are abundant, and sweater weather is in swing. Check out these 9 spots to visit this autumn as you begin thinking about your next trip.
- Portland, Maine – best sweater weather
- Willamette Valley, Oregon – best for wine tasting
- Anchorage, Alaska – best for stargazing
- Smoky Mountains, Tennessee – best for autumn leaves (southern)
- Lake Placid, New York – best for autumn leaves (northern)
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts – best for off-season rates
- Boulder, Colorado – best for scenery
- Ozark Mountains, Arkansas – best for adventurers
- Leavenworth, Washington – best Oktoberfest
Click here to read the full article for Huffington Post.