Traveling is very hard on you and your immune system with the dry air, lack of sleep, and jet lag. Here are 10 tips to stay healthy while you travel this season from Emily Fletcher who has not been sick in 8 years are travels often.
- Bring saline spray to keep your sinuses from drying out and allowing germs to stay in the body.
- Keep an empty bottle through security so you can fill it up before you board.
- Rosewater can re-hydrate your face especially around your nose.
- Bring Cocoa Butter to use as lotion, lip balm, hand cream, etc.
- Get a good set of the best earplugs for sleeping with a snorer and an eye mask.
- Bring a scarf to keep warm or use as a pillow.
- Have lavender oil to place on pressure points and soothe you.
- Bring Noise canceling headphones to listen to music or a movie.
- Have an external phone charger in your carry-on so you can still use your phone without searching for an outlet when you arrive at your destination.
- Meditate for 15 mins at take-off and landing and head outside as soon as you can. Watch the sunrise or sunset as well to acclimate to the time change.
Click here to read the full article by Emily Fletcher on MindBodyGreen.