New reports from the U.S. Travel Association cite that more than 4 in 10 Americans do not use their vacation days, fearing that someone else cannot do their job or that their work will pile up while they are away. Recharging on vacation is important for your health, though – so here are a few ways that you can prioritize your health and enjoy your next trip.
- Plan some “me time” every day. Consider meditation and other exercises to improve your relationship with yourself and release stress.
- Alleviate anxiety by planning what you will accomplish each day and how to include some work time if necessary.
- Set boundaries ahead of time for how much or little you will work.
- Sleep more to restore energy.
- Be present on your vacation to revitalize relationships with your loved ones.
- Make balanced choices when it comes to food and drink. Enjoy in moderation.
- Stay active to rejuvenate.
- Improve your happiness by cultivating new hobbies or interests. Vacations or time off can be the best times to cultivate these interests.
Click here to read the full article by Corinne Ruff for Huffington Post.