We are about to enter one of the busiest weeks of travel we’ve seen in years. According to AAA, 100 million people will be traveling around the U.S. between December 23rd and January 3rd. Here are a few extra tips to be prepared while travelling.
- Pack smart especially when bringing presents in your checked suitcase. You can have wrapped presents but this will not stop TSA from opening them if they seem suspicious. Bring gift bags instead of wrapping before you leave.
- Arrive to the airport early to factor in extended lines. 90-120 minutes before your flight will probably get you in the safe zone of being on time and not leaving you stranded in an airport on Christmas.
- Whether you are flying or driving be sure to watch the weather which can be unpredictable this time of year especially on the East Coast.
- This time of year there are bound to be delays from weather and the influx of travellers. Be sure to bring back up power for your devices to stay entertained.
- Take a breathe. Everybody is in the same hustle-and-bustle mindest trying to get to their destinations. If you feel the frustration coming, stretch or meditate for a few minutes to calm down.
Click here to read the full article by Brittany Jones-Cooper on Yahoo.