If you’re planning to travel during the holidays you need to be prepared. Whether you’re travelling to visit family for a holiday celebration or you’re looking for a nice vacation, it’s helpful to do some research. Here are some holiday travel tips to make sure you’re ready for your upcoming trip.
Plan Ahead Before You Travel
Nothing’s worse than being unprepared and having your trip sneak up on you. Planning ahead includes booking your plane and lodging in advance to ensure your trip is secure. This also includes what you’ll be doing when you arrive. What’s your schedule going to look like? Picking out certain landmarks to see and restaurants to eat at helps reduce your stress and will make your trip much more relaxed.
We know that planning a vacation, especially during the holidays can be extremely stressful. Luckily, there are many tools available to make this process easier:
- Tripomatic helps you plan by making a very detailed itinerary for you trip down to what the weather will be like each day. It also shows you how long each activity will take and the time to get to your next event. This app is perfect for every traveler looking to manage their time.
- Maps.Me gives you downloadable maps with markers for resturants, Wi-fi, gas, shops, etc for when you do not have cell phone service abroad. This is incredibly helpful and can help you if you get into a pinch!
- FourSquare is similar to Yelp but gives you personal recommendations and suggestions based on your previous searches. There is also a section for deals based on your current location.
- PackPoint Premium costs $2.99 or the lower version is free but it is the best packing buddy you can find. You tell the app where you are traveling to and for how long and it tells you based on the upcoming weather what you should pack and how much (based on laundry availability).
- Hopper can save you up to 40% on airline flights from wherever you live. You can save your searches and it will notify you when the best prices become available.
If your trip includes traveling by air why not go with a private jet? When you travel through a private jet charter you get to bypass all the inconveniences and annoyances that come with booking through an airline. During the process of securing your flight with a private jet charter you get to choose what jet you want from cheaper and lighter ones to bigger and more luxurious ones. Flying private also gives you the opportunity for lavish in-flight services including a spa treatment and food served by a celebrity chef.
In addition, private jets provide a multitude of benefits including:
- Improved safety
- Less wasted time
- Streamlined travel capabilities
- Less airport stress
Look for Deals
Paying full price for every aspect of your trip could be draining. You can get everything from your private flight to your hotel with special discounts. Even your dining and shopping can be done strategically. Saving some extra cash will help you feel less stressed and drained once your tip is over.
Other Travel Tips
Planning to go on a trip is a big task. There are many things that you must consider. We want you to have the best trip of a lifetime, so don’t forget to:
- Make copies of your important information to take with you.
- Bring protection for your trip such as bug repellent and sunscreen.
- Ensure that you have the proper batteries and charging devices for your electronics.
- Plan for your first day and know how to get where you’re going.
- Set up your email replies before you leave.
- Call your bank and let them know you’ll be out of the area.
- Clean out your fridge to be sure your house is in good condition when you return.
- Have the mail service hold your mail while you’re gone.
- Pay any bills before you leave.
- Don’t leave your spare key in the same place as usual.
- Clean your bathroom so it’s nice for your return.
- Close your curtains to help secure your home.
- Unplug any appliances that do not need to be plugged in. Be sure to keep your refrigerator plugged in!
- Set automatic lights and alarms for the duration of your trip.
Your holiday trip doesn’t need to be a disaster. If you follow these holiday travel tips you can be well on your way to having a peaceful trip. When you’re properly prepared you can enjoy every moment of your trip with peace of mind and clarity.