Great Destination Options for Family Fun During Your Summer Vacation
July is upon us, and the children have been out of school just long enough to become bored and quarrelsome. It’s definitely the right time to start thinking about heading out for your summer vacation. This can seem like a chore to some families, but it’s actually a wonderful opportunity for everyone to enjoy time together as a family and have some great fun.
Part of the challenge in traveling with the entire family is simply getting to and from your destination. Some families do fine with car trips, and others choose to fly or simply stay local. Many families that want to enjoy their vacation without any travel hassle choose a private jet charter. However you may choose to travel, here are three summer destinations that are sure to please everyone.
Sprawling Houston is an active city with many offerings for visiting families. These are just two family favorites that you won’t want to miss.
• Houston Zoo: You’ll want to set aside a full day to enjoy the 6,000 animals at this wonderful zoo. The children’s area is a zoo in itself, and it features 40 exhibits with plenty of hands-on opportunities to pet and feed friendly animals. Exceptional exhibits cover every animal throughout the zoo, and you can expect to experience everything up close and personal. Walk right up to a sloth in the rain-forest area, or you might like to sit by the water tubes to watch the river otters play.
• Downtown Aquarium: Come for lunch surrounded by a 150,000-gallon aquarium, and you can enjoy your meal while thousands of amazing sea creatures swim around you. Stay all afternoon for a day of fun games, rides and many wonderful aquatic exhibits. You’ll have the opportunity to touch and feed the stingrays, hang out with the bearded dragons and see the rare white tiger.
2. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Those more adventurous families may enjoy a summer trip to busy, beautiful Dubai. You’ll have much to explore, and you’ll want to be sure to see these popular attractions.
• The Dubai Fountain: This stunning attraction is free, and you’ll see beautifully colored water shooting as high as 145 feet into the air to the tune of a variety of songs. Performances are held daily.
• Aquaventure Waterpark: Cool off on the private beach, or you can go on some wet and wild rides. Huge water slides will thrill you, or you can just float down the lazy river. There’s a great spot for water fun set aside for younger children, and hands-on interactions with sea life are also available.
Miami is hot and happening, and you might just want to get a sitter for the children so that you can enjoy the nightlife. During the day, the entire family will enjoy these options.
• South Beach: White-sand beaches and clear waters await, and you can spend the day swimming, building sandcastles and enjoying family time. Snorkeling and other equipment may be rented right on the beach, and restaurants are plentiful.
• Everglades River of Grass Adventures: Don’t leave Florida without experiencing the Everglades from the safety of an air-boat or swamp-buggy tour. You’ll have the opportunity to see an area of America that is truly unique, and alligators, turtles and birds always come out to see you.
If you are reading this on anything other than The Early Airway it is stolen content. Follow us on Twitter@TheEarlyAirWay. Come and visit our blog at https://theearlyairway.com/.