When arriving to your hotel early in the morning, the only thing you might be looking for is an early check-in option. Whether you’re arriving early because of a flight or just want to get into your room before the designated check-in time, these tips might help you out a bit.
- Let the hotel know you’re coming early. If they are aware of your early arrival, they may be more likely to be able to accommodate you.
- Don’t be picky about room type if you’re hoping to get into it early. The more flexible you are, the more likely you are to check in sooner.
- Consider booking with a well-known travel agent, in case the hotel might be more likely to prioritize that way.
- Look for a hotel with a health club or spa with showers. If they are unable to give you a room, you may be able to use these facilities earlier.
- Ask about a day rate if your hotel offers one.
- If your hotel is sold out the night before your stay, getting a room nearby could at least let you store your luggage and you could opt for late check-out if desired.
- Be realistic and understanding. If it is high tourist season or the holidays, this may not be an option. You may need to just opt for paying for the extra night to guarantee your room’s availability.
Click here to read more by Janice Hough for Boarding Area.