As 2019 continues to fly by, you may find yourself looking to travel to different destinations across America. To help you, we’ve created a list of the 6 best places to travel in February in the US.
There are many places to visit in the United States that can give you a wonderful and memorable time.
In fact, you don’t have to go to faraway places or travel internationally to enjoy a nice vacation. You can stay right here on American soil.
All you need to do is know where to go.
Finding the Best Places to Travel in February
In February, the location where you reside is likely to have a determining factor over where you desire to travel.
For instance, by this time into winter, most folks residing in rough wintry areas will want to seek warm destinations that can give them lots of sunshine.
On the other hand, those who reside in areas often missed by winter will likely see this as a prime time to see snow and take part in various winter sports and activities.
No matter where you live or where you want to go, we’ve got a list of the 6 best places to travel in February throughout the US.
Don’t miss these winter destinations.
1. New York, New York
New York City is one of those places that everyone should visit at least once during a lifetime. And, many people do.
All these visitors in addition to the tourists can make the enjoyment factor dissipate.
But what about going in the offseason?
You will have more time to enjoy the things you want to see without the hassle of all the extra tourists.
While visiting New York City, you will want to check out:
- Ice skating in Central Park because, well, it is a classic thing to do.
- Ring in the Chinese New Year in Chinatown. They don’t hold back with this celebration.
- See if you can snag a part in Winter Fashion Week, Restaurant Week, or even the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show which all take place in February.
- Head out of the cold and into museums and art galleries galore.
2. San Diego, California
On the other side of the United States, San Diego is anotherone of the best places to travel in February.
Unlike the chill you will find in the Northeast, here you will find a bit warmer and more pleasant weather.
Not hot, but pleasant – typically in the 50’s and 60’s.
And there is so much to do here:
- February is the beginning of wildflower season, so you will want to take a short drive to Anza Borrego Desert State Park where you can do some hiking, get some fresh air, and enjoy the view.
- You will find Chinese New Year celebrations and Mardi Gras street parties.
- It also happens to be Museum Month, which means that you will find half-price admission to nearly 30 museums.
Let’s not dismiss the fact that San Diego has miles and miles of beautiful shores and some great and eclectic dining options, too.
3. Denver, Colorado
Let’s say you live somewhere that doesn’t see too much winter. Or, perhaps is a little too flat for skiing.
If this sounds like you, then you may definitely want to consider a trip to Denver in February.
You will find yourself able to enjoy all sorts of winter recreation, such as:
- Ice skating
Of course, you don’t always have to spend your time outdoors in the freezing white stuff. Take a break to warm up and enjoy some shopping, museums, or even catch a show or two.
Checking out local breweries is also something warm and fun to do, too.
4. Phoenix, Arizona
If you want to get outdoors in February and enjoy some fresh air, Phoenix is a great destination. There is plenty to do – and no way you can get bored.
You will find shopping, dining, shows, and fun in Phoenix all year long. And, you’ll find a lot of sunshine, too.
If you want to take a little road trip, you can also experience the breathtaking awe and wonder of the Grand Canyon.
5. St. Paul, Minnesota
Looking to experience what a real winter is all about? If so, then St. Paul is one of the best places to travel in February in the US.
This city is known for harsh winters – and February is one of the coldest months.
But you may be surprised at how many people you will see outdoors – and for good reason.
There is so much to do.
- Visit the Ice Sculpture Garden at the Winter Carnival.
- Go ice skating, sledding, or cross country skiing. Check out Theodore Wirth Park or Lebanon Hills Regional Park.
- Build a snowman or make snow angels.
- Experience ice fishing on local lakes.
- Explore the city in a unique way – through the Skyways. These are connected throughout the city, from building to building, so you never have to freeze. They connect hotels, corporate buildings, restaurants, retail stores, and more.
6. Key West, Florida
And then there is the destination you head to when you just want a tropical escape. And, that destination is Key West.
The southernmost tip of the United States is where you will find it. This island oasis is full of sandy beaches and swaying palm trees.
Here you will find temperatures in the 70s, great nightlife, lots of water sports, shopping, dining, and more.
At all the beaches, you can go snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, shopping, or just lounge by the water. There are coral reefs to check out, along with tropical fish, and beautiful sunrises – and sunsets.
If winter is dragging you down, then look no further than Key West destination.
On a side note, the nearest commercial airport is nearly a 4-hour drive away. Consider a private jet charter instead.
February is a great month to try out some new destinations – without ever leaving the country.
Now that you know the best places to travel in February in the US, what are you waiting for?
The best part is that you can do so over a long weekend.
It is the perfect time to treat yourself to a post-holiday vacation. Choose the cold, choose the warmth, or choose somewhere in between.
Where will you go?