Traveling through the winter months can becom dangerous because of weather conditions. Here are 7 tips to safely travel this winter.
- Stay on main and flat roads
- Try to only drive during the day and don’t drive alone.
- Bring blankets in case you become stranded.
- Tell someone your plans and when you are returning.
- If you are caught in a blizzard pull over and turn on your hazards or hang a bright flag off your antenna and stay in your car.
- If stranded run, your car engine for 10 minutes every hour and crack a window while it is on.
- Turn on your interior light at night so rescue crews can find you.
Click here to read the full article on The Weather Channel.