6 Awesome Father's Day Travel Ideas for Every Dad
This Father’s Day, do something special for your dad. Take him on a trip of a life time. Here are our top 6 Father’s Day travel ideas to show him how much you care.
Can you believe that it is already June? The kids are out of school, the weather is warming up, the days are longer, and Father’s DayFather’s Day is right around the corner. Have you given any thought to what you’ll do for your dad this year?
You could do the same old tie or t-shirt gift. Maybe a new set of golf clubs or take him to a baseball game. Maybe you will just take him out for a drink and bear hug.
But, he is your dad.
He is the one who has taught you so much in life that you don’t know where you’d be without him.
Isn’t he worth more than a tie or another golf club? Sure, he is your dad – and he’d appreciate anything you give him. That is what makes him so special.
Here’s an idea: why don’t you surprise your dad with a chartered private jet to a destination he will enjoy?
Bet you haven’t thought of traveling for Father’s Day – and you don’t have to tell him we told you.
How about some Father’s Day travel ideas to get you started?
Top Father’s Day travel destination ideas
Is your dad a sports fanatic? Maybe he’s a movie expert or fisherman?
Regardless of what type of interests your dad has, these Father’s Day travel ideas will blow him away.
Some of our favorite Father’s Day travel includes:
- Golf destinations
- Sporting Hall of Fame
- Fishing destinations
- Car-lover destinations
- Hollywood and movie set locations
- Outdoor destinations
These Father’s Day travel destinations offer the trip of a life time, and gives you the opportunity to show your dad just how special he is.
The golf lover
If your dad loves golf, why not let him explore some new greens? There are many areas that are known for having some of the best golfing spots around.
Visiting them may very well be on your dad’s bucket list.
This Father’s Day, give him the opportunity to golf until his heart is content at one of these golf courses:
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Nekoosa, Wisconsin
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Orlando, Florida
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail, Alabama
The sports fanatic
Is your dad a lover of sports? Does he hold power over the television remote, keeping an eye on the latest game?
It your dad would love a getaway to be surrounded by all things sports, then give it to him.
Whether it is taking him to a see a game with his team – away from home or visiting the Hall of Fame or sports museum.
Here are some go-to destinations he may enjoy.
- Upstate New York– Don’t miss the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Heroes of Baseball Wax Museum, Olympic Sports Complex, and others.
- New England road trip – Visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame, Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Fenway Park, and more.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin for vintage baseball games played by 19th-century rules and in period attire, Green Bay Packers’ Lambeau Field, and more.
- Dallas, Texas. See the home of the Dallas Cowboys, visit the Texas Sports Hall of Fame, and Cowboys Golf Club.
If your dad is one to trade life’s hustle and bustle for a nice, quiet day out on the water waiting for a fish to bite, then take him to some of the best fishing spots in the country.
You won’t want to miss these places.
- Outer Banks, North Carolina.
- Florida Keys, Florida.
- San Diego, California.
- Lake Placid, New York.
- Learn fly fishing at Blackberry Farm in Tennessee.
Classic cars and fast ones, too
Dads love cars.
Whether they are fast cars or classic cars, they love them.
Is this a passion of your dad? Take him on the getaway of a lifetime to experience all sorts of automobile fun.
Check out these destinations.
- Speedway, Indiana. Visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Home of the Indy-500, this city is now known as the Racing Capital of the World.
- Tooele, Utah. See the Bonneville Salt Flats. Races on these salt flats get to speeds unheard of in regular street racing. Your dad could even have the opportunity to drive.
- Havana, Cuba. This means leaving the country, but if your dad loves classic cars, this is the best place to find them. It will be like stepping back in time.
- Fremont, California. Visit the Tesla factory and discover these marvelous machines.
- Dearborn, Michigan. Check out the Henry Ford museum.
Mr. Hollywood – the movie buff
If your dad loves movies and can rattle off one-liners from movies throughout the decades as if he is playing his own part, then you’ve got to let him get in on the Hollywood action.
It may be his only shot at coming face-to-face with a celebrity.
Of course, visiting Los Angeles, California will give your dad a chance to check out the museums and even take a picture with his favorite stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
But, what about visiting the real-life destination where filming took place for some of his favorite movies?
- Ghost Busters Hook & Ladder 8 fire station in New York City. Do some research and find some other hot spots within this city.
- Blues Brothers fan? Visit Chicago.
- The Amityville Horror house in Toms River, New Jersey.
- Mount Hood, Oregon has the lodge in The Shining.
- Kauai, Hawaii is where you will find the set of Jurassic Park.
Lastly, if your dad doesn’t fit a category, but he is just an adventurer at heart, then book him an adventurous getaway.
Take your dad on a hiking adventure, go white water rafting, mountain biking, scuba diving, or any other type of adventure that would spark your dad’s interest.
If you do a little research, you will learn that there are many adventure trips in the United States and abroad that can quench the spirit of the biggest adventurer.
Many of these trips may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Don’t let your dad miss out.
These are just a few ideas for you and your dad for Father’s Day.
Besides surprising your dad with an awesome getaway doing something he loves, the private jet you charter will get him there in style.
He will feel special and treated – being able to enjoy a wonderful getaway without having to deal with a boring car ride or the hassle of commercial air travel.
You can sit back, relax, spend some quality time with your dad on board, and enjoy your Father’s Day travel together.
Warning: This Father’s Day idea may be hard to top in the future. Why not make a getaway on a chartered jet a tradition?