If you’re planning a trip to Hawaii this spring, it’s ideal to create a detailed Hawai itinerary to keep on track. Learn how below.
Many people dream of having a Hawaiian vacation, but very few ever follow through with it. For someone who has never been to these islands, knowing where to start to put together an unforgettable time can seem like a daunting task.
Good news – we’ve got everything you need to help you create the perfect spring Hawaii itinerary. Start planning now and you will be able to pack your bags and be fully prepared to enjoy everything the islands have to offer you.
Let’s get started.
Choose Your Island
The great part about visiting the Hawaiian Islands is that you don’t have to just visit one island. You can visit multiple islands in one trip, giving you an even greater experience. Though, if you prefer to just visit one, that’s perfectly fine, too. Take some time to learn about each of the islands so that you can decide which ones you will want to visit
We’ve got a very brief overview of four of the most popular Hawaiian hot spots. Here it goes. Hawaii, the Big Island is best for those looking for swimmable beaches, volcanoes, and lots of hiking adventures. Oahu is great for its dining and nightlife. Kauai is serene and quiet with breathtaking landscapes. And, Maui is for those looking for swimming, snorkeling, and lots of touristy fun.
Find the Best Time for Your Visit
The spring season is a wonderful time to visit the Hawaiian islands. There are warm temperatures and low chances of rain – which means you have great weather to enjoy all the sights and activities you will find here.
Check your calendar and find the right time for your vacation. Then, be sure to physically place it on the calendar. This will make it both official – and it will give you something concrete to look forward to.
Where Should You Stay?
Once you know where you are going – and when – you will need to decide where you are going to stay. There are many different resorts to choose from and they seem to be a popular choice of tourists due to amenities like pools, water sports, daily housekeeping, etc. But for those looking for a more private stay, a vacation rental may be a better choice. Decide where you are staying and make sure there is availability for your travel dates. You will want to book – and confirm – your stay.
The Importance of Planning Ahead
Whether it is flying to Hawaii or heading out to any other vacation destination, it is very important that you plan ahead. And, here’s why.
- Get your prime choice of dates, destinations, and resort stays. Remember, this area is a popular vacation destination so by planning ahead, you won’t have to sacrifice any of your preferences.
- Make the most of your vacation time. You only get so much vacation time every year so plan ahead so that you can get as much from it as possible.
- Spend less by planning right. And, maximize your experience.
- Simply know what to expect when you get there.
So, as you begin to plan your trip to Hawaii, take all of these points into consideration and get to work. Ok, now let’s move on.
Make a List of Important Activities
What is your trip about? Are you looking for an adventure? Looking to unwind? Find activities that are available and choose them based on what you hope to get out of your vacation. Gather all the details, assign an allotted time, and decide how it will fit into your itinerary. For those, you have to book in advance, make sure you do so.
Take time to talk to the locals. Who knows their islands better than the locals? Do your research to find any recommendations in your destination area. Then, as you go through your stay, ask locals for their recommendations for things like activities, dining, must-see or must-do spots, and so forth.
Book a Private Flight for an Enhanced Experience
As you focus on all the details for your Hawaiian vacation, don’t forget to think about the trip there. You will need to book a flight – and nobody wants to fly commercial to Hawaii – come on! Instead, choose a private jet for your flight to and from Hawaii. This makes it easier to access all the islands and it makes traveling much more enjoyable.
On a private jet, you have access to a lot of perks, such as luxurious accommodations and privacy to spend your time on board as you wish. You can enjoy flexibility with your scheduling, allowing you to make the most of the time you have on the islands as well as the ability to indulge in a catered meal, too.
Private jets are no longer just for the top elite of the world – more and more people are discovering just how affordable they are. And if you come across any empty leg flights, your private flight might be even more so.
Things to Know About Visiting Hawaii
There are a few important things you should know before you get to the islands. Nothing that will make or break your trip, but things you should definitely know before you go.
- Hawaii can be expensive so plan your vacation funds accordingly.
- Be ready to face the time difference. Depending on where you are traveling from, the difference in time may be 2 to 3 hours from the west coast and five to six hours from that on the east coast.
- You will need to invest in reef-safe sunscreen. Most regular sunscreens are illegal in Hawaii.
- Don’t leave without experiencing a luau, but don’t do it on your first night there. They tend to last well into the night – and if you want the full experience, you need to be well-rested and have your body adjusted to the time change. Save it for the close of your trip.
- Know that some beaches can be dangerous. So never just hop in any water as tempting as it may be.
Create Your Hawaii Itinerary
Well, there you have it – everything you need to know about visiting Hawaii. Plan your itinerary, book your private jet, and get ready for the vacation of a lifetime.